MINUTES OF MEETING OF THE CRICKET AFFAIRS COMMITTEE HELD IN DELHI & DISTRICT CRICKET ASSOCIATION ON OCTOBER 31, 2017 AT FEROZESHAH KOTLA STADIUM
Time of the commencement of the meeting: - 2:00 PM
Time of the conclusion of the meeting: - 2:45 PM
List of the Members who attended the Meeting: -
a. Shri Madan Lal, Chairman, Cricket Affairs Committee, DDCA
b. Shri Saba Karim, Member, Cricket Affairs Committee DDCA
c. Shri Sunil Valson, Member, Cricket Affairs Committee DDCA
d. Smt. Amita Sharma, Member, Cricket Affairs Committee DDCA
e Shri G. S. Vivek, Member, Cricket Affairs Committee DDCA
- The CAC deliberated on the need to start the under-16 trials. It was decided that only boys who are 14 years and above will be eligible to appear in the under-16 trials. CAC deliberated on the workload of the junior selectors in supervising open trials and is of the view that while sufficient scope should be given for a good pool of boys to appear for trials, it has decided to recommend against holding open trials for under-16 team.
- CAC has recommended that 4 boys from each DDCA club and 4 boys from academy will be allowed to register for the under-16 boy’s trials. Trials for under-16 should ideally begin by November 5 in batches.
- CAC also deliberated on the number of requests received by support staff members/others in reviewing their contracts. The matter has been deferred for a proper review of work.
- The CAC also deliberated on the increasing number of cases of under-19 boys whose cases are pending because of insufficient/wrong documents and the impact it is having on the team combination. It was decided that henceforth all age-group boys will be given a fixed time frame to submit their documents in total. Failure to submit may lead to withdrawal of boy/s from the squad till that span of matches for which the team has been announced.
- The CAC studied the detailed report of a fast bowler who underwent tests in Chennai and also took into consideration the case of the under-19 girl who is required to undergo remedial measures and decided to put in place a system to that effect.
- The CAC decided to start the Delhi senior women’s team trials shortly after consulting the senior selectors.
- It was brought to the committee’s notice that input from some coaches and support staff has been very limited to the selectors. It was decided to inform all coaches of respective age groups (men and women) that they will be actively attending selection trials/camps to be able to provide informed opinion to the selectors about the boys.